GeneralQ1. How does InviteMyGuest (IMG) work ?
IMG is where you can invite any of the large number of Guest speakers, artists, photographers etc. and eminent personalities with ease for your events. Our mission is to help you get access to super-awesome personalities & artists with restricted or privileged reach, who can be a perfect Guest for your event. Cool, huh? Our Guest list is growing by leaps and bounds, which means we've got it all: performers, speakers, singers, photographers, bands, adventure artistsÂ and many more. IMG promises to be an offering not done so far in India. Below are the next few easy steps you need to follow:
- Just type in your event type & category you're interested in and voila! Behold the list of Guests for you to browse. Check out their photos, watch their videos & reviews, and select your favorites.
- Click "Invite"Â to connect with the Guests you like. Try to be as thorough possible when filling out the invite form. The more details you provide about the event and your expectations from the Guest(s), the easier it becomes for the Guests to share an accurate quote.
- Host details (except contact details) will be sent to the Guests along with the invite.
- In case they are interested, they will be reverting via IMG with the quote, advance payment and other terms including cancellation policy.
- In case Host likes the quote & related details, he will be required to make the advance payment (Rs.200/-Â or the advance amount quoted by the Guest, whichever is higher) to IMG as per the Guest's T&C, to confirm the invite. Once the payment is received by IMG, the contact details of the Guest will be mailed to the Host, and vice-versa, to take the discussion further.
- The balance payment,inclusive of applicable taxes and additional expenses,need to be paid to the Guest directly as per the T&Cs shared by the Guest along with the quote.
- Advance Payment has been centralized to counter situations when Guest may accept advance payment but doesn't turn up for the event. In such situations, IMG will attempt to get another fitting Guest for the event orÂ refund the advance amount to the Host.
To ensure the authenticity of the Guests, we do a mobile number verification and also verify a copy of their identity card. Additionally, the videos, audios, pictures and links uploaded or shared by the Guests are verified on a random sampling basis.
That being said, we also strive to address any issues that are brought to our attention. We recommend that Hosts (that's you!) be smart and thorough with their own research and verification if they feel uncertain about proceeding with a particular Guest. And of course, should any serious issues be found, we would like you to please report them to usÂ here.
Invite RequestQ1. I need to change my event information; can I edit my existing Invite request ?
Well, as of now, you will have to create a new invite request and resend it to the Guests of your choice. You can simply ignore the previous invite and any quotations that you might have received against that. We are working to make this easier for you in future.
IMG is trying to end the negotiation culture betweenÂ Hosts & Guests by getting the best quotes directly from the Guests in one go. All the Guests are quoting well-thought-out competitive prices that correctly match the quality and quantity of service you desire for your event. Also, you are free to request free quotes from multiple Guests, and then compare and choose what you like. Hence, negotiation shouldn't be required. Isn't this simpler?
BookingQ1. How does booking on InviteMyGuest work ?
Once you've browsed the site and contacted the Guest you wish to book, they will send you a quote and T&C. If everything looks good, all you have to do is pay the advance deposit andÂ the invite gets confirmed (the Guest is booked!). Yup, it's that easy!
Yes! Once you confirm the invitation with the advance payment, the direct contact details of the Guest will be mailed to you. The Guest will also receive a mail with your contact details. You can then discuss the event further in details.
We strongly recommend that you do, in order to avoid situations when some Guests don't turn up in the event and getting the refund directly from them becomes a pain. If you are contacted directly outside our system, we encourage you to have them go back to IMG to send you an official quote. Invites that are not sent through IMG are not eligible for secure deposit payments, verified reviewsÂ or booking protection. Let's make the industry more organized!
These details are covered in the T&C that comes along with the quote. In most cases, they will require cash, check or Demand Draft on the day of the event, prior to providing the service.
IMG only facilitates the advance payments. No final payments will ever be paid through our system, so please make arrangements to pay the balance directly. Please note that the amount to be paid to the Guest also includes the applicable taxes on the total quote amount.
This isÂ notÂ a common occurrence, but unforeseen issues can arise. This is one reason we encourage that all bookings happen on IMG. If you book the event through our site and the Guest does not show up, we can ensure that the advance deposit is returned to you, in case we are not able to arrange an alternative Guest for your event. If the Guest is booked outside of our system, we wonâ€™t be able to help resolve issues or provide protection on any advance payment.
ReviewsQ1. How do I leave a review ?
Go to the Guest's profile on IMG website, find the Reviews section onÂ their profile and proceed to fill out the review form as instructed. We have two review sections -Â Audience & Host.
If you have witnessed the Guest in some event, you can put in your feedback in the audience review section. Once you've finished, you'll receive a confirmation email that will include a verification link. This part is especially important: Your review will not be included on the site until you've clicked that verification link. If you already have an account on IMG, login first and then submit the review. No further verification is needed!Â
If you had invited the Guest, and he/she provided the services at your event, then put in your feedback in the Host review section. You need to login with your IMG account for this review and select the Guest that you are reviewing.
If you have an IMG account, you can login and then edit the review.Â
In case you don't have an IMG account, just contact us and be sure to use or provide the email address with which the review was submitted.
One of two things could have happened. There could have been an error that was missed, preventing the review from being completed successfully. But the more likely answer is that you did complete it, but have yet to click the verification link that was sent in your confirmation email. We require that any review written by a user that doesn't have an IMG account be verified by email before it is posted. If you did not receive the email or deleted it, you can contact us from the email address used to complete the review.